Xeon refers to a high-end Intel CPU chip. Designed for servers and fast workstations, Xeons include error checking memory, system management features and fast system buses and L2 caches. The first Xeon was introduced in 1998 when the Pentium II was mainstream. Xeon is designed for large transactional database servers as well as for engineering, graphics, and multimedia applications that require moving a lot of data around quickly. Xeon is the high end of the Pentium line where Celeron is the low end. Typically, a computer with an Intel Xeon CPU would use a Windows NT, NetWare, or Unix operating system.
Amazon Warehouse Deals • Enjoy Deep Discounts
- Deep discounts on open-box items like TVs, laptops, tablets, home audio, home goods and more!
- Every deeply discounted and open-box item is hand-checked and graded!
- Eligible items sold by Amazon Warehouse Deals qualify for Prime or FREE Shipping!
- Amazon Warehouse Deals are backed by Amazon Customer Service!
- All discounted and open-box items are backed by Amazon's 30-Day Return Policy!