WinSock is an abbreviation for Windows Socket Services. It is software that acts as the middleman between Windows applications (FTP, a Web Browser, such as Mozilla Firefox, Telnet, and so forth) and the Internet Protocol. As the name implies, WinSock is used with Microsoft Windows, and most commonly with TCP/IP, though other protocols are also supported. WinSock came about to make life easier for Windows programmers designing networking applications. The software is typically stored in a file called winsock.dll.
Amazon Warehouse Deals • Enjoy Deep Discounts
- Deep discounts on open-box items like TVs, laptops, tablets, home audio, home goods and more!
- Every deeply discounted and open-box item is hand-checked and graded!
- Eligible items sold by Amazon Warehouse Deals qualify for Prime or FREE Shipping!
- Amazon Warehouse Deals are backed by Amazon Customer Service!
- All discounted and open-box items are backed by Amazon's 30-Day Return Policy!