Wi-Fi was originally a brand licensed by the Wi-Fi Alliance to describe the embedded technology of wireless local area networks. Use of the term has broadened over time and is generically used to describe the wireless interface of mobile computing devices, such as laptops in LANs. The term Wi-Fi was chosen as a play on the term "Hi-Fi", but is widely (and incorrectly) thought to be an abbreviation for wireless fidelity. Wi-Fi is widely used for a variety of purposes including Internet and VoIP phone access, gaming, and basic connectivity of consumer electronics such as televisions, DVD players, and digital cameras.
Amazon Warehouse Deals • Enjoy Deep Discounts
- Deep discounts on open-box items like TVs, laptops, tablets, home audio, home goods and more!
- Every deeply discounted and open-box item is hand-checked and graded!
- Eligible items sold by Amazon Warehouse Deals qualify for Prime or FREE Shipping!
- Amazon Warehouse Deals are backed by Amazon Customer Service!
- All discounted and open-box items are backed by Amazon's 30-Day Return Policy!