Windows has a 3D Text Screen Saver that lets you type in your own text that you want to display on the screen. And believe it or not, Microsoft added a little treat for us if you type in the word Volcano. Instead of seeing the actual word Volcano spinning around your screen, you will see actual name of Volcanos appearing on your screen. Therefore, this technical brief will show you how to enable this neat little treat.
Setting The Volcanos Screen Saver
- Go into your Control Panel by first clicking on the Start Button.
- Then click on Settings and then click on the Control Panel icon.
- Double click on the Display icon to open up the Display Properties Window.
- Then click on the Screen Saver tab at the top of the screen.
- In the list of Screen Savers on the left scroll down and select the 3D Text screen saver.
- Then click on the Settings button just to the right of your 3D Text selection.
- Now type the word Volcano into the white colored Tex box in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Click on the OK button located at the right corner of the screen to save your changes.
- To preview the Volcanos names, click on the Preview button on the right hand side of the screen.
- Then click on the OK button to save your settings and close the Display Properties Window.
- Now, whenever your screen saver activates you will see a list of volcanoes appearing in 3D.
Note: Unfortunately, This Treat Is No Longer Included For Windows XP.