If you have created multiple user accounts, Windows Vista™ will start up at the Welcome Screen for you to click on a user name to log on to the system. Windows will display a basic picture not only next to the user names but also within the right column of the Start Menu. Windows Vista does allow you to change to a different picture that is included with Windows or replace it with a picture of your own choosing.
Changing Windows Vista Start Menu Picture
- Click the Start button located in the lower-left corner of the Windows Vista desktop.
- Then click on Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel, click on User Accounts and Family Safety.
- Then click on Change your account picture to choose a new one for your account.
- Click the picture you want to use from those displayed and then click on Change Picture.
- If you want to use a picture of your own, you can click on Browse for more pictures instead.
- Then browse to the picture on your computer that you want to use for your Start Menu picture.
- Once located, click that picture and then click on Open to set it as your Start Menu picture.
Note: Your picture can be of any size, but it must be in a .bmp, .gif, .jpg, or .png file format. Your newly selected picture will be used in all locations, including both the Start Menu and Log On screens.