By using the Lock option, you put your computer into a state where other people can not use your computer or see your documents. This can be useful if you need to be away from your computer but do not want to log off or put your system to sleep, such as when you are going to lunch. Note: If you lock the computer, only you or an administrator can unlock it with the appropriate password.
To Place Your Windows Vista Computer Into Lock Mode
- Click the Start button located in the lower-left corner of the Windows Vista™ desktop.
- Then click the arrow in the lower-right corner of the Start menu as shown below.
Click On The Right Arrow To Access The Lock Option.
- Then click on Lock.
- Windows Vista will then place your computer into Lock Mode.
- To Unlock the computer, use your mouse to click on your user name.
- You will need to enter a password or use an account that isn't password protected.