Windows Vista™ helps you get the most out of your computer with new search and organization features that help you locate files, e-mail messages and other items on your system To find a file or program, start typing in the Start Menu search box. As you type, Windows Vista will search for file and program names.
To Search For And Find Files And Folders In Windows Vista
- Click the Start button located in the lower-left corner of the Windows Vista desktop.
- Then click Search.
- Now type files in the search box located in the upper-right corner.
- This action displays all files and folders on the computer.
- You can now browse to locate the specific file or folder you need.
- You can also type the name of the specific file or folder you are looking for.
- This action will then display the specified file or folder.
- You can also expand the Advanced Search option located below the search box.
- The Advanced Search enables you to specify additional information to locate a file or folder.