Even though a guest account is for users who don't have a permanent account on your computer and grants them very limited access, it does allow users to shut down the system. As a result, the guest account is disabled by default and below are the steps to disable it in case you left it on.
To Turn Off The Windows Vista Guest Account
- Click the Start button located in the lower-left corner of the Windows Vista desktop.
- Then click on Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel, click on User Accounts and Family Safety.
- Then click on User Accounts.
- Now click Manage another account.
- If you are prompted for a password or confirmation, enter it or provide confirmation.
- Then click on the Guest icon, which should also say Guest account below it.
- Now click the Turn off the guest account button to disable the Guest account.
- Windows Vista will then disable the guest account and leave it off until you turn it on.
Note: As the guest account allows a user to access a network, browse the Internet, and shut down the system, it is recommended that the guest account remains disabled when it is not being used.