A Tape, in magnetic recording, is thin strip of polyester film coated with magnetic material that permits the recording of data. Because tape is a continuous length of data storage material and as the read/write head cannot jump to a desired point on the tape without the tape first being advanced to that point, tape must be read or written sequentially, not randomly (as done on a floppy or hard disk). It is also a storage medium consisting of a thin strip of paper used to store data in the form of sequences of punched holes, chemical impregnation, or magnetic ink imprinting
Amazon Warehouse Deals • Enjoy Deep Discounts
- Deep discounts on open-box items like TVs, laptops, tablets, home audio, home goods and more!
- Every deeply discounted and open-box item is hand-checked and graded!
- Eligible items sold by Amazon Warehouse Deals qualify for Prime or FREE Shipping!
- Amazon Warehouse Deals are backed by Amazon Customer Service!
- All discounted and open-box items are backed by Amazon's 30-Day Return Policy!