If you like run many applications at once, there are a couple of ways to quickly switch between your running applications. You need at least two programs opened and running at once to use this tip. Therefore, this technical brief will show you how to quickly switch between all your running applications.
Switching Between Program Applications
- Press the ALT+TAB key combination on your keyboard.
- Windows will then open a window showing you the currently running applications.
- Continue holding the ALT key, and press the TAB key to move the selection to a different program.
- Once your program is selected, let go of the ALT and TAB keys.
- Windows will now switch you over to the program that you selected.
Using Your Mouse To Switch Between Program Applications
- Multiple running programs will be individually listed and displayed within the Windows Taskbar.
- Therefore, you can click your mouse on any running application in the Taskbar to switch over to it.
- If you notice that your applications are truncated or are all grouped together within the Taskbar.
- Then please refer to the Taskbar Grouping support tip to resolve this Windows XP only issue.
Note: This Technical Brief Will Work For All Operating Systems Including Windows XP.