If you find yourself placing your computer into Stand-by Mode, which basically means into a suspended power saving state, then this tip can definitely save you time. Notebook users will find this tip handy especially while running on battery power. Therefore, this technical brief will show you how to create a shortcut on your Desktop that will immediately put your system into the Stand-by Mode when clicked on.
Creating A Suspend Shortcut For Windows XP
- Right Click anywhere on the Desktop.
- Then point to New, and then click on Shortcut.
- Type in the following phrase: rundll32.exe PowrProf.dll, SetSuspendState
- Now click on the Next button to continue.
- Type in a name for the shortcut, and then click Finish.
- Windows will place the shortcut on your Desktop for you.
- Now you can click on this shortcut to put your system into Stand-by Mode.