Shareware can be considered any software distributed free by the company or individual responsible for writing it. Often, however, the application is free only for a limited time, after which it must be purchased to enable further use. The term was coined by Bob Wallace in 1983. Among the most popular shareware programs ever released were introductory versions of Wolfenstein 3D, Doom, and Quake, computer games created and later sold as full editions by id Software. Such introductory releases of certain game levels are now common in video game marketing and design.
Amazon Warehouse Deals • Enjoy Deep Discounts
- Deep discounts on open-box items like TVs, laptops, tablets, home audio, home goods and more!
- Every deeply discounted and open-box item is hand-checked and graded!
- Eligible items sold by Amazon Warehouse Deals qualify for Prime or FREE Shipping!
- Amazon Warehouse Deals are backed by Amazon Customer Service!
- All discounted and open-box items are backed by Amazon's 30-Day Return Policy!