A Segment is a length of cabling connecting devices to a network A network segment is a portion of a computer network where each device communicates using the same physical layer. In Ethernet, this would be the ability to send data packets to others using their MAC addresses. Devices that extend the physical layer, such as repeaters, are also considered to extend the segment. Devices that operate at the data link layer level or higher create new physical layers and thus create rather than extend segments.
Amazon Warehouse Deals • Enjoy Deep Discounts
- Deep discounts on open-box items like TVs, laptops, tablets, home audio, home goods and more!
- Every deeply discounted and open-box item is hand-checked and graded!
- Eligible items sold by Amazon Warehouse Deals qualify for Prime or FREE Shipping!
- Amazon Warehouse Deals are backed by Amazon Customer Service!
- All discounted and open-box items are backed by Amazon's 30-Day Return Policy!