A Ram Disk is RAM that has been configured to appear to the operating system as a disk. Due to the lack of moving parts, a Ram Disk is much faster to access than an actual hard disk and therefore can be used for applications that need frequent read-and-write operations. However, as the data is stored in RAM, which is volatile, the stored data will be lost when the computer is turned off.
Amazon Warehouse Deals • Enjoy Deep Discounts
- Deep discounts on open-box items like TVs, laptops, tablets, home audio, home goods and more!
- Every deeply discounted and open-box item is hand-checked and graded!
- Eligible items sold by Amazon Warehouse Deals qualify for Prime or FREE Shipping!
- Amazon Warehouse Deals are backed by Amazon Customer Service!
- All discounted and open-box items are backed by Amazon's 30-Day Return Policy!