Windows Vista™ allows us to not only personalize the appearance of the desktop but also the menus, windows and other elements. You can even change the sounds used to indicate actions such as staring up your computer or when receiving mail. This tip will show you how to access these personalization options.
To Personalize The Desktop In Windows Vista
- Right-click on an empty area of the Desktop.
- Then click on Personalize.
- Now review the options displayed on the screen.
- Clicking an option displays more information for changing the appearance of the Desktop.
- Once you have initiated a specific personalization, click on OK to apply the settings.
- Windows Vista will then personalize the Desktop according to your selection.