If you have Outlook XP, also known as Outlook 2002, installed on your computer, then you can link and control your free Hotmail E-Mail Account within Microsoft Outlook. Microsoft enabled this linking feature for Outlook 2002 only, so please ensure that you have this version or later installed on your system before you proceed onward with this tip. If you choose use Outlook 2002 to access your Hotmail account, then you will be able to use the powerful mail functions to view and organize you Inbox, Outbox and Sent Items folders etc. Therefore, this technical brief will show you how to link Outlook 2002 to your Hotmail Account.
Linking Outlook XP (2002) To Your Hotmail Account
- Ensure that you are connected to the Internet before you begin.
- Then launch Outlook 2002 in the manner you normally do until it opens.
- Then click on the word Tools, which is contained in your top tool bar area.
- This will pull down a menu for you to now click on E-mail Accounts.
- In the E-Mail Accounts window, choose the Add a new E-mail account option.
- Then click on the Next button at the bottom of the screen to continue.
- In the Sever type screen, choose the HTTP option and click on the Next button to continue.
- Now enter your complete User Information, which includes Your Name and E-Mail address.
- In the Logon Information section, enter your exact Hotmail User Name in full and Password.
- By full is meant, your current Hotmail E-Mail Sign in name such as firstname.lastname@example.org
- You also have the option to allow Outlook to remember your password if you like.
- Then ensure that the HTTP Mail Server Provider: section is set to Hotmail.
- Notice how Outlook automatically fills in its information for the Server URL: area.
- After all options are set, click on the Next button at the bottom of the screen to continue.
- Outlook will Congratulate you for successfully setting up your account.
- Now click on the Finish button at the bottom of the screen to save your settings.
- Outlook will automatically download your E-Mail folders from your Hotmail account.
Note: Microsoft now charges a $19.95 yearly fee to link new Hotmail accounts To Microsoft Outlook.