The NTFS file system was introduced with the first version of Windows NT (New Technology) and is a completely different file system from FAT 16 and Fat 32. Microsoft actually designed it to be more stable, reliable and offer end users greatly increased security.
Access rights can be assigned to files and directories, allowing users full access, partial access or no access at all to that data stored on your hard disk.
File and directory compression can be performed directly without the need for third party utilities as this feature is now built into the file system.
Disk quotas can be assigned, limiting the amount of disk space that users can access on a particular partition on the hard drive.
Built in Encryption where The NTFS 5.0 file system can automatically encrypt and decrypt file data as it is read and written to the hard disk.
Support for large hard disks, with a theoretical limit up to 2 TeraBytes (TB).
Support for long file names to 255 characters as well as "8 by 3" names.
File names are in Unicode, allowing people in countries not using the Latin alphabet (e.g., Greece, Japan, India, Russia, and Israel) to write file names in their native language.
Amazon Warehouse Deals • Enjoy Deep Discounts
- Deep discounts on open-box items like TVs, laptops, tablets, home audio, home goods and more!
- Every deeply discounted and open-box item is hand-checked and graded!
- Eligible items sold by Amazon Warehouse Deals qualify for Prime or FREE Shipping!
- Amazon Warehouse Deals are backed by Amazon Customer Service!
- All discounted and open-box items are backed by Amazon's 30-Day Return Policy!