By default, Windows Vista™ places the Windows Sidebar on the right hand side of your screen. However, to free up desktop space, you can move the Sidebar to a different monitor in multiple screen configurations. Follow the steps below to move the Windows Sidebar to a different monitor.
To Move The Windows Vista Sidebar To Different A Monitor
- Click the Start button located in the lower-left corner of the Windows Vista desktop.
- Then click on Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel, click on Appearance and Personalization.
- Then click on Windows Sidebar Properties.
- Under Display Sidebar on monitor, select the monitor you wish to place the Sidebar on.
- Then click on OK to apply the settings and close the dialog box.
- Windows Vista will then move the Windows Sidebar to the monitor you selected.
Note: You can also move the Windows Sidebar to the left hand side of your screen, for the different monitor that you just selected. If so, the Sidebar and its gadgets may cover your Desktop icons.