LCD is an abbreviation for Liquid Crystal Display, which is a technology used to show still pictures or moving images. LCD screens have no internal moving parts. Rather, they consist of a polarizing liquid sandwiched between two solid sheets with polarizing properties aligned on perpendicular axes. Application of a controlled electrical field causes certain areas of the screen to undergo opposing alignment. These areas dim to represent darker areas of the displayed image. The first practical LCD was created by a team, headed by George Heilmeier, at RCA. The technology is now being used in television sets, computer monitors, and a variety of other output devices.
Amazon Warehouse Deals • Enjoy Deep Discounts
- Deep discounts on open-box items like TVs, laptops, tablets, home audio, home goods and more!
- Every deeply discounted and open-box item is hand-checked and graded!
- Eligible items sold by Amazon Warehouse Deals qualify for Prime or FREE Shipping!
- Amazon Warehouse Deals are backed by Amazon Customer Service!
- All discounted and open-box items are backed by Amazon's 30-Day Return Policy!