A Kilobyte per the American Heritage dictionary is a unit of measurement of the memory capacity of a computer equal to 1,024 bytes. Definition number two states: One thousand bytes. As computer information is based on two units consisting of digital 0's and 1's, 2 to the 10th power equates to the number 1,024 listed above. However for our purposes, simply think of a Kilobyte to mean 1,000 Bytes and its abbreviation is either K or KB. Many times, a kilobyte is used when referring to a diskette or the size of a file. For example, a 720K (kilobyte) diskette holds about 720,000 bytes, or characters. In relation to a web page, an estimate is that one page consists of 15 to 25 kilobytes of data.
Amazon Warehouse Deals • Enjoy Deep Discounts
- Deep discounts on open-box items like TVs, laptops, tablets, home audio, home goods and more!
- Every deeply discounted and open-box item is hand-checked and graded!
- Eligible items sold by Amazon Warehouse Deals qualify for Prime or FREE Shipping!
- Amazon Warehouse Deals are backed by Amazon Customer Service!
- All discounted and open-box items are backed by Amazon's 30-Day Return Policy!