By default, Windows Vista™ allows the Windows Sidebar to be covered with application windows that remain open on the desktop. However, you can choose to keep the Sidebar on top of other windows instead. Follow the steps below to keep the Windows Sidebar on top of other windows.
To Keep The Windows Vista Sidebar On Top Of Other Windows
- Click the Start button located in the lower-left corner of the Windows Vista desktop.
- Then click on Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel, click on Appearance and Personalization.
- The click on Windows Sidebar Properties.
- Now select the Sidebar is always on top of other windows check box.
- Then click on OK to apply the settings.
- Windows Vista will then keep the Windows Sidebar on top of other windows.
Note: If you do not want the Windows Sidebar to appear on top of other windows, just follow the above steps until you arrive at step number four, where you would uncheck the box.