Java is a programming language developed by James Gosling et al. at Sun Microsystems starting in 1991. Java is object-oriented, meaning it treats functional subsystems as objects that can be made to interact with each other according to preset rules. It went public in 1994 and was integrated into the Netscape Web Browser. The language runs with exceptional similarity on all systems, a property called Platform Independence. It's also effective at deleting irrelevant data in memory storage, a capacity its designers call "automatic garbage collection." Its proponents point to Java's relative simplicity when compared to other object-oriented languages (such as C++), while its detractors find it less streamlined and intuitive.
Amazon Warehouse Deals • Enjoy Deep Discounts
- Deep discounts on open-box items like TVs, laptops, tablets, home audio, home goods and more!
- Every deeply discounted and open-box item is hand-checked and graded!
- Eligible items sold by Amazon Warehouse Deals qualify for Prime or FREE Shipping!
- Amazon Warehouse Deals are backed by Amazon Customer Service!
- All discounted and open-box items are backed by Amazon's 30-Day Return Policy!