IRQ is an abbreviation for Interrupt Request. It is a signal from a hardware device, such as a modem or a mouse, indicating that it needs the CPU's attention. In Personal Computers, IRQs are sent along specific IRQ channels associated with a particular device. It is therefore important to ensure that two devices do not share a common IRQ channel. When working with computer hardware, installing and removing devices, the system relies on interrupt requests. There are default settings that are configured in the system BIOS and recognized by the operating system. These default settings can be altered by advanced users.
Amazon Warehouse Deals • Enjoy Deep Discounts
- Deep discounts on open-box items like TVs, laptops, tablets, home audio, home goods and more!
- Every deeply discounted and open-box item is hand-checked and graded!
- Eligible items sold by Amazon Warehouse Deals qualify for Prime or FREE Shipping!
- Amazon Warehouse Deals are backed by Amazon Customer Service!
- All discounted and open-box items are backed by Amazon's 30-Day Return Policy!