IPX is an abbreviation for Internetwork Packet Exchange. It is a networking protocol that interconnects networks that use Novell's NetWare clients and servers. IPX works at the network layer of communication protocols and is connectionless, which means that it does not require that a connection be maintained during an exchange of packets, as a regular voice phone call does. IPX usage is in general decline as the boom of the Internet has made TCP/IP nearly universal. Computers and networks can run multiple network protocols, so almost all IPX sites will be running TCP/IP as well to allow for full Internet connectivity.
Amazon Warehouse Deals • Enjoy Deep Discounts
- Deep discounts on open-box items like TVs, laptops, tablets, home audio, home goods and more!
- Every deeply discounted and open-box item is hand-checked and graded!
- Eligible items sold by Amazon Warehouse Deals qualify for Prime or FREE Shipping!
- Amazon Warehouse Deals are backed by Amazon Customer Service!
- All discounted and open-box items are backed by Amazon's 30-Day Return Policy!