By default, Microsoft configures Internet Explorer to load up one of its very own web sites when Internet Explorer is started. This occurs because the Home Page is preset to launch the MSN web site. But this Home Page setting can be change to allow Internet Explorer load the web site of your personal choice. Therefore, this technical brief will show you how to change the default Internet Explorer Home Page.
Changing The Internet Explorer Home Page
- Begin by launching the Internet Explorer Browser in the manner you normally do.
- When Internet Explorer loads, click on the word Tools located in your top tool bar area.
- This will pull down a menu for you to now click on Internet Options.
- Under the Home Page section at the top of the screen, type in a default Website to load.
- To do this simply delete the existing contents from the white box and type in www.yahoo.com
- You do not have to precede your Website entry with the http:// prefix.
- Then click on the OK button to save your changes and exit the Internet Options Window.
- Now the next time Internet Explorer, loads it will launch the new default Home Page you entered.
Note: This Technical Brief Will Work For All Versions of Windows With Internet Explorer 5.0 or Higher.
You Can Also Do This For Firefox And Netscape By Reading: Changing Firefox And Netscape Home Page