A Hub is a physical hardware device that acts as a common connection point for all devices connected in a network. As it is typically used to connect segments of a local area network (LAN), a Hub will contain multiple ports. When data arrives at one port, it is copied to the other ports so that all segments of the LAN can see the data. A Passive Hub serves simply as a conduit for the data, enabling it to go from one device (or segment) to another. So-called Intelligent Hubs include additional features that enables an administrator to monitor the traffic passing through the hub and to configure each port in the hub. Intelligent Hubs are also called Manageable Hubs. A third type of hub, called a Switching Hub, actually reads the destination address of each packet and then forwards the packet to the correct port.
Amazon Warehouse Deals • Enjoy Deep Discounts
- Deep discounts on open-box items like TVs, laptops, tablets, home audio, home goods and more!
- Every deeply discounted and open-box item is hand-checked and graded!
- Eligible items sold by Amazon Warehouse Deals qualify for Prime or FREE Shipping!
- Amazon Warehouse Deals are backed by Amazon Customer Service!
- All discounted and open-box items are backed by Amazon's 30-Day Return Policy!