A Hard Disk is a device, also called hard disk drive, that contains one or more inflexible platters coated with material in which data can be recorded magnetically with read/write heads. The hard disk exists in a sealed case that protects it and allows the head to fly 10 millionths to 25 millionths of an inch above the surface of a platter. Data can both be stored and accessed much more quickly than on a floppy disk. Hard Disk drives are sometimes called Winchester drives after the first popular 30MB drive developed by IBM.
Amazon Warehouse Deals • Enjoy Deep Discounts
- Deep discounts on open-box items like TVs, laptops, tablets, home audio, home goods and more!
- Every deeply discounted and open-box item is hand-checked and graded!
- Eligible items sold by Amazon Warehouse Deals qualify for Prime or FREE Shipping!
- Amazon Warehouse Deals are backed by Amazon Customer Service!
- All discounted and open-box items are backed by Amazon's 30-Day Return Policy!