A File System, in regards to an operating system, is the overall structure in which files are named, stored, and organized. FAT, FAT16, FAT32 and NTFS are types of file systems. File systems may use a data storage device such as a hard disk or CD-ROM and involve maintaining the physical location of the files. The DOS, Windows, OS/2, Macintosh, and UNIX based operating systems all have file systems in which files are placed somewhere in a hierarchical (tree) structure. A file is placed in a directory, also called a folder in Microsoft Windows, or in a subdirectory at the desired place in the tree structure.
Amazon Warehouse Deals • Enjoy Deep Discounts
- Deep discounts on open-box items like TVs, laptops, tablets, home audio, home goods and more!
- Every deeply discounted and open-box item is hand-checked and graded!
- Eligible items sold by Amazon Warehouse Deals qualify for Prime or FREE Shipping!
- Amazon Warehouse Deals are backed by Amazon Customer Service!
- All discounted and open-box items are backed by Amazon's 30-Day Return Policy!