EMM is an abbreviation for Expanded Memory Manager. It is a device driver that provides a software interface to expanded memory. EMMs were originally created for expanded memory boards, but can also use the memory management capabilities of the 386 or higher processors to emulate an expanded memory board. EMM386.EXE is an example of an EMM that comes with DOS. A memory manager, such as HIMEM.SYS or EMM386.EXE, is necessary in order to used Expanded Memory (special memory that lies outside of the CPU's normal address space). EMM divides expanded memory into 16 KB units called pages, plus 64KB of unused Upper Memory for EMS (Expanded Memory Specification) page frames.
Amazon Warehouse Deals • Enjoy Deep Discounts
- Deep discounts on open-box items like TVs, laptops, tablets, home audio, home goods and more!
- Every deeply discounted and open-box item is hand-checked and graded!
- Eligible items sold by Amazon Warehouse Deals qualify for Prime or FREE Shipping!
- Amazon Warehouse Deals are backed by Amazon Customer Service!
- All discounted and open-box items are backed by Amazon's 30-Day Return Policy!