EISA is an abbreviation for Enhanced Industry Standard Architecture. It is a type of computer bus architecture for x86-based computers. An EISA device uses cards that are upwardly compatible from ISA. EISA extends the 16 bit PC AT expansion bus to 32 bits and supports a 32 bit data interface while maintaining compatibility with existing 16 bit cards. Unfortunately, the EISA bus runs only at 8.25 MHz and created high latency in small transfers, which lead to poor video performance compared to the 32 bit, 33 MHz VESA Local bus. Later the PCI local bus filled this niche causing EISA to vanish into obscurity.
Amazon Warehouse Deals • Enjoy Deep Discounts
- Deep discounts on open-box items like TVs, laptops, tablets, home audio, home goods and more!
- Every deeply discounted and open-box item is hand-checked and graded!
- Eligible items sold by Amazon Warehouse Deals qualify for Prime or FREE Shipping!
- Amazon Warehouse Deals are backed by Amazon Customer Service!
- All discounted and open-box items are backed by Amazon's 30-Day Return Policy!