ECP is an abbreviation for Enhanced Capabilities Port, ECP was developed by Microsoft and Hewlett-Packard and announced in 1992 as an additional enhanced Parallel port. It supports bi-directional communication between the PC and attached devices, such as a printer, scanner or another PC using a Direct Cable Connection. ECP is about 10 times faster than the older Centronics standard parallel port. Unfortunately with ECP, it requires an additional DMA channel which can cause resource conflicts.
Amazon Warehouse Deals • Enjoy Deep Discounts
- Deep discounts on open-box items like TVs, laptops, tablets, home audio, home goods and more!
- Every deeply discounted and open-box item is hand-checked and graded!
- Eligible items sold by Amazon Warehouse Deals qualify for Prime or FREE Shipping!
- Amazon Warehouse Deals are backed by Amazon Customer Service!
- All discounted and open-box items are backed by Amazon's 30-Day Return Policy!