In Windows Vista™ the Start Menu can be considered the main gateway to your computer's programs, files, folders, and settings. It is called a menu because it provides a list of choices. You can control which items appear in the Start menu and also personalize the Start menu for a better experience in Windows.
To Customize The Start Menu In Windows Vista
- Click the Start button located in the lower-left corner of the Windows Vista desktop.
- Then click on Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel, click on Appearance and Personalization.
- Then click on Taskbar and Start Menu to explore the options.
- These options enable you to change the picture that is used for the Start Menu.
- Or you can switch to the Classic Start Menu and make other customizations.
- Windows Vista will then change the Start Menu according to your customizations.