A Communication Port on a computer is a connection interface that allows asynchronous transmission of data characters one bit at a time. A communication port is also called a serial port. Earlier personal computers came equipped with two Communication Ports— one as a 9 pin male interface and another as a 25 pin male interface where devices such as modems, mice, and other peripheral devices are connected. For many computer peripheral devices, the USB interface has replaced the Communication Port. Modern computers are connected to devices through a USB connection, and often don't even have a serial port.
Amazon Warehouse Deals • Enjoy Deep Discounts
- Deep discounts on open-box items like TVs, laptops, tablets, home audio, home goods and more!
- Every deeply discounted and open-box item is hand-checked and graded!
- Eligible items sold by Amazon Warehouse Deals qualify for Prime or FREE Shipping!
- Amazon Warehouse Deals are backed by Amazon Customer Service!
- All discounted and open-box items are backed by Amazon's 30-Day Return Policy!