Windows XP displays a Start Menu folder listing that is quite different from the earlier versions of Windows. However, we can change the new Start Menu appearance back to the original Classic View that we were familiar with. Therefore, this technical brief will help you enable the Classic Start Menu in Windows XP.
For Windows XP
- Only if your Start Menu is in the new default view, begin by clicking on the Start Button.
- Then click on the Control Panel icon in the right column to open up the Control Panel.
- Now, Double click on the Taskbar and Start Menu icon until its property window opens.
- Then click on the Start Menu tab located at the top of the screen.
- Now use your mouse to select the Classic Start menu option at the bottom of the screen.
- And click the OK button to save your changes and exit the Taskbar Properties window.
- Now close the Control Panel to return back to your Windows session.
- Your Start Menu will return back to the Classic View you are familiar with.
You Can Also Set The Control Panel To The Classic View By Reading: Control Panel Classic View