Microsoft allows us to set Windows XP back to the Classic look that we were familiar with in Windows 98 and Windows Millennium. This setting will adjust all our icons, menus, menu bars and taskbar back to the Classic Style. Therefore, this technical brief will help you set Windows XP back to the familiar Classic look.
Setting The Classic Look For Windows XP
- Go into your Control Panel by first clicking on the Start Button.
- Then click on the Control Panel icon located in the right column of the Start Menu.
- If your Start Menu is set to the Classic View, then begin by clicking on the Start Button.
- Then click on Settings, then click on the Control Panel icon to open up the Control Panel.
- Now, Double click on the Display icon to open up the Display Properties window.
- Windows XP will automatically default to the Themes tab allowing you to make adjustments.
- Under the Theme: section, click the down arrow and choose the Windows Classic Theme.
- Then click the OK button to implement your changes and close the Display Properties Window.
- Then close the Control Panel to return back to your Windows session.
- You will now notice that Windows XP is set to the Classic look you were familiar with.
You Can Also Select Other Desktop Themes By Reading: How To Select Desktop Themes