By default, Windows Explorer in Windows Vista™ does not display the menu bar that was available in previous version of Windows. This is the menu bar that contains the options: File, Edit, View, Favorites, Tools, and Help. Follow these steps to display the Classic Menu Bar in Windows Explorer.
To Display The Classic Menu Bar For Windows Explorer
- Click the Start button located in the lower-left corner of the Windows Vista desktop.
- Then click on the Computer tab in the right side pane.
- The Computer tab will open and launch a Windows Explorer window.
- Now click on Organize located on the current top menu toolbar.
- Then point to Layout and click on Menu Bar.
- Windows Vista will then display the Classic Menu Bar in Windows Explorer.
Note: Some applications in Windows Vista no longer display the Classic menu bar by default. These applications include Windows Explorer, Internet Explorer, (My) Computer and Windows Media Player.