By default, Windows XP does not display all of the Control Panel options for you. It defaults to what is known as Category View and only shows Nine general categories to choose from. But there is a way to enable all the icons and set the Control Panel back to the Classic view that you are familiar with. Therefore, this technical brief will help you set the Windows XP Control Panel back to the Classic view.
Setting The Control Panel Classic View For Windows XP
- Go into your Control Panel by first clicking on the Start Button.
- Then click on the Control Panel icon located in the right column of the Start Menu.
- If your Start Menu is set to the Classic View, then begin by clicking on the Start Button.
- Then click on Settings, then click on the Control Panel icon to open up the Control Panel.
- Now, Click on the word Tools, which is contained in your top tool bar area.
- This will pull down a menu for you to now click on Folder Options.
- Then enable the Use Windows Classic Folders option with your mouse.
- And click on the OK button to save your changes and exit the Folder Options window.
- Your Control Panel will now be set back to the Classic look that you are familiar with.
You Can Also Set The Start Menu To The Classic View By Reading: Start Menu Classic View