A Screen Saver is essentially a moving picture or pattern that appears on a computer screen when the computer has not been used for a specified period of time. Therefore, if the default screen saver is not to your liking, Windows Vista™ includes several different ones for you to choose from.
To Change The Default Windows Vista Screen Saver
- Right-click on an empty area of the desktop and select Personalize.
- Then click on Screen Saver.
- Explore the items on the Screen saver drop-down menu and select the one you want.
- You can click Preview to see what your chosen screen saver will look like.
- Once you are satisfied with your selection, click on OK to apply the settings.
- Windows Vista will then change to the Screen Saver you selected.
Note: Various sites have screen savers that are compatible with Windows Vista. However, be sure to only download them from trusted sources to protect yourself from malicious software or spyware.