The desktop background, also known as desktop wallpaper, in Windows Vista™ can be changed to a different one in case you aren't happy with the picture being currently displayed. You can choose a new one that comes with Windows or you can choose a picture from your own personal collection.
To Change The Windows Vista Desktop Background
- Right-click on an empty area of the desktop and select Personalize.
- Then click on Desktop Background.
- Explore the items on the Picture Location drop-down menu.
- This menu provides photographs, solid colors, and other images for you to choose from.
- Then click the picture or color you want to use for your desktop background.
- Now select how you want the picture to be positioned and then click OK.
Note: You can also click the Browse button to locate additional images on your computer to be used as the desktop background or wallpaper. When you find the picture you want, double-click on it. It will then become your desktop background and appear in the list of desktop backgrounds.