The term Bitmap refers to any picture you see such as on the Web or on a page created with a desktop publishing program etc. A Bitmap is a map of dots similar to what you see when you look at a newspaper photo under a strong magnifying glass, which looks like a picture when viewed from a distance. Bitmaps come in many file formats such as GIF, JPEG, TIFF, BMP, PICT, and PCX, to name a few and can be read by paint programs and image editors such as Microsoft Paint. If you zoom in on or try to scale up a bitmap, it will look blocky. Digital pictures that you can easily scale up are called vector graphics.
Amazon Warehouse Deals • Enjoy Deep Discounts
- Deep discounts on open-box items like TVs, laptops, tablets, home audio, home goods and more!
- Every deeply discounted and open-box item is hand-checked and graded!
- Eligible items sold by Amazon Warehouse Deals qualify for Prime or FREE Shipping!
- Amazon Warehouse Deals are backed by Amazon Customer Service!
- All discounted and open-box items are backed by Amazon's 30-Day Return Policy!