Aspect Ratio is basically the ratio of width to height of a video picture. The two most common Aspect Ratios in home video are 4:3 (also known as 4x3, 1.33:1, or standard ratio) and 16:9 (16x9, 1.78:1, or wide-screen). All older TVs and computer monitors had the squarish 4:3 shape, which was only 33 percent wider than it was high. Today, 16:9 is the native aspect ratio of most HDTV programming. It is 78 percent wider than its height, or fully one-third wider than the older 4:3 standard ratio.
Amazon Warehouse Deals • Enjoy Deep Discounts
- Deep discounts on open-box items like TVs, laptops, tablets, home audio, home goods and more!
- Every deeply discounted and open-box item is hand-checked and graded!
- Eligible items sold by Amazon Warehouse Deals qualify for Prime or FREE Shipping!
- Amazon Warehouse Deals are backed by Amazon Customer Service!
- All discounted and open-box items are backed by Amazon's 30-Day Return Policy!