56K is a term describing modems that can send data at a theoretical maximum speed of 56 kbps (kilobits per second). Currently, no phone line is able to transfer information at 56k as the FCC (Federal Communications Commission) sets the limit on standard phone lines at 53k. Even so, your modem speed is still related to the quality of your phone line. Today, the 56k modem has become obsolete yet millions are made every year to serve people in the developing world world without high speed Internet service.
Amazon Warehouse Deals • Enjoy Deep Discounts
- Deep discounts on open-box items like TVs, laptops, tablets, home audio, home goods and more!
- Every deeply discounted and open-box item is hand-checked and graded!
- Eligible items sold by Amazon Warehouse Deals qualify for Prime or FREE Shipping!
- Amazon Warehouse Deals are backed by Amazon Customer Service!
- All discounted and open-box items are backed by Amazon's 30-Day Return Policy!