16-Bit applications are software programs for MS-DOS or Microsoft Windows, which originally ran on the 16-bit Intel 8088 and 80286 microprocessors. They use a segmented address space to extend the range of addresses from what is possible with just a 16-bit address. Programs with more than 64 kilobytes of code or data had to waste time switching between segments. 16-bit applications all run in the same, shared, address space meaning that the crash of a 16-bit application can bring down the entire system. 16-bit applications cannot handle filenames longer than 8 characters with the 3 character file extension.
Amazon Warehouse Deals • Enjoy Deep Discounts
- Deep discounts on open-box items like TVs, laptops, tablets, home audio, home goods and more!
- Every deeply discounted and open-box item is hand-checked and graded!
- Eligible items sold by Amazon Warehouse Deals qualify for Prime or FREE Shipping!
- Amazon Warehouse Deals are backed by Amazon Customer Service!
- All discounted and open-box items are backed by Amazon's 30-Day Return Policy!